30 August 2008

Home Sweet Home

One week down...

and to be quite honest, I don't even know where to start.

All of a sudden I have these 6 new people in my life who are intricately involved in my existence, a new job, and a new city at my fingertips. At times, its overwhelming.

I suppose I will start at the beginning:

This is the oddest/ most awesome living situation I ever expect to have. Over the last week I have realized that there are no words to describe it, so for the purpose of your understanding, visual aids will be utilized...

The seven of us are living in what used to be a convent above an operating high school. We each have our own rooms and there are even guest rooms for our visitors. All of our rooms are off of
one long hall and at the end of that hall is a living room and a breakfast nook.





<-- MY ROOM















THE HALLWAY --->











<-- THE LIVING ROOM









The other direction in the hallway, away from our rooms, takes you to our MASSIVE dining/ play room. Massive might actually be an understatement.









<-- THE DINING/ PLAY SPACE







And then off of the dining room is the kitchen, a huge industrial kitchen. Now that Hannah and I have cleaned and I have begun to learn my way around the kitchen, it is becoming one of my favorite places here...






THE KITCHEN -->








To make the whole living situation even more interesting in my commute to work in the morning...it goes something like this: Walk down the hall towards the kitchen, turn left, walk 50 paces, turn right into my office. Yes, my work is right down the hall from my home.

So lets sum it up: I live above a high school, in what used to be a convent and live down the hall from work.....odd, but really, we have more than we will ever need here and the good news is, I never have to worry about the weather outside before my morning commute...

No comments: